Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy....front passenger side window mechanism decided to go kablaammo today, can hear the motor working, lots of crunching but no window movement hence my thinking its the winding mechanism. Does anyone know of a good breakers in Ireland that may have one? Will I have to replace the whole unit??? Lots of small things going wrong with my 159 the last couple of months. A BMW I pass everyday is starting to look very appealing : (

Pete

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
My back passenger side window from yesterday decided to pack it in. No warning that I know of. Always worth a search on this site first in case it can be a DIY job.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looking at the description of how to take off the door car and change the window regulator mechanism, think I'll be giving it to the spanner monkey to do...I'm too much of a p***y to try it myself..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its really not that bad a job. I did the drivers one on my 159 lately and it took about an hour. I was dreading doing it but got p***ed off after about a month having to open the door twice a day to pay money at the M7 toll! €120 for the bare mechanism from Pratts fiat in Carlow but I see them cheaper on micksgarage.ie. more than likely your cable has snapped, I found bits of mine inside the door when I stripped it. lots of small things going wrong with mine too but I still love it! no other car out there like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts