Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as if the carpet in my passenger footwell isn't long enough. It keeps coming away from the centre console. If it was even an inch longer it would tuck in nicely.

Does anybody else have this, or did they run out of carpet when mine was made?!

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Mine's exactly the same. Pointed it out to the dealer when I looked at the car sitting new in their showroom, they went and looked at the other 2 they had in their yard and came back to announce that all of them were like that, :(.

Just think how much money AR saved with an inch off each Ti carpet going down the 159 production line - probably doubled the profit on each car, :rolleyes:. The one on my previous Lusso fitted fine so I don't know why they seem to have cut the Ti ones differently, :confused:.

·
Registered
231 Posts
footwell carpet

Mine is the same too, as is every other ti i've ever seen, been in - or looked at photos of!

It bothers me, so I ordered a couple of metres of carpet to sort it out.

It arrived a couple of days ago, and although it's by no means a perfect colour match - I've pushed the carpet into positon and hidden the other edge under some custom mats I have.

It looks much better - I'll take a photo when I have a second.

I wanted to post because I've been left with a large amount of carpet which I simply have no use for. If anyone wants a similar peice cutting, you're completely welcome to it free of charge - I reckon I could easily cut another 4 or 5 peices of out what I have left.

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards
Rancid

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here's how it looks after I've covered up the 'gap' with the new carpet (not yet fixed in place but I may not bother given how well it sits)

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good mate. I'll have a piece if there's one going please! Ironically, my colleague was taking the p earlier over it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Absolutely no problem Goram

PM me your address and I'll send you a piece in the post - if you could post your before and after pics it would be great.

rancid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts