Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Quick question about front fog lamps. If one is gone, is that a fail in the NCT?

Also, whats the best way to access them on a facelifted Alfa 147?

·
Administrator
87,052 Posts
No idea about the NCT.

Easily changed from underneath if you just drive the front wheels up on some ramps :thumbs:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sadly lacking in ramps at the moment. Will try change it this weekend rather than chance the NCT without it. Would be just my luck they'd fail it because of it.

As an aside, I believe its not a fail on the MOT in the UK...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
If fog.lamps are fitted they will be tested.. Sorry. :(

Google "nct manual" and read page 50... They are considered auxiliary lights so you'll get an advisory.. my reading is its not an outright fail... Don't take my word for.it though!!!

L

·
0 Posts
im sadly lacking in ramps at the moment. Will try change it this weekend rather than chance the NCT without it. Would be just my luck they'd fail it because of it.

As an aside, I believe its not a fail on the MOT in the UK...:rolleyes:
this is R.o.I. not UK so you have to abide by NCT rules not uk MOT rules.

Even if it does fail its a FREE visual to get it passed

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Is the alignment of the fog lights checked also? my driver side is a bit off alignment.

I'm wondering will I get away with the ole Fog Light check in my NCT (its not until next year...!) as the Fogs are actually situated in the main light cluster and not below like most other cars. Changing a fog bulb on the GT would bring a grown man to tears :cry:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've gone through three broken fogs, cracked glass each time, and that glass is thick, replaced one last weekend, easy once you get underneath the car in some way. Strange about the GT, isnt the point of fog lights to remain under the fog. They're only irritating on SUVs/4x4s or on the rear when left on.

·
Administrator
87,052 Posts
Strange about the GT, isnt the point of fog lights to remain under the fog.
It was the same in the original 147, the indicators were down low in the bumper in position the fog lights would usually be.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is R.o.I. not UK so you have to abide by NCT rules not uk MOT rules.

Even if it does fail its a FREE visual to get it passed
Thanks Lacken, I know where we are though. I merely mentioned the UK as a sort of rule of thumb.

Will give it a bash at the weekend.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
and you can see that every day on Irish roads.
Levante I sense a lot of anti-Irishness in your posts.
Surely you're not referring to the myriad of drivers using front foglights as extra lights regardless of the weather and possibly poorly maintained headlights?

All I can say is I'm delighted that almost all modern cars are fitted with high line (?) brake lights so when both bulbs have blown (in regular brake lights) and are not working so still get to cop that they've applied their brakes.....:mad:

In the US I believe you get a ticket for blown bulbs?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Levante I sense a lot of anti-Irishness in your posts.
Surely you're not referring to the myriad of drivers using front foglights as extra lights regardless of the weather and possibly poorly maintained headlights?

All I can say is I'm delighted that almost all modern cars are fitted with high line (?) brake lights so when both bulbs have blown (in regular brake lights) and are not working so still get to cop that they've applied their brakes.....:mad:

In the US I believe you get a ticket for blown bulbs?
In the UK now we get 3 points on our licence and a fine.:mad::tut:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
In the UK now we get 3 points on our licence and a fine.:mad::tut:
Just for no brake lights ? 3 Points .. If they did that here in IRL most of the irish would have 3 points . Its one bloody thing that drives me mad no brake lights ! :rant:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Must tell the OH whose wiper washers are not working after he filled the washer tank with undilulted screen wash and just gets bubbles now :cheese:
You're naughty!:lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts