Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Can any of you recommend somewhere to get hold of a front flexi pipe for a Cf3 twinnie. I've done some searching but can only find the older variants.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
It is part of the downpipe with the two Pre-Cats on the CF3 engine, so you need to look under Cats, not downpipes.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Are you after just the flexi-pipe? I had one supplied and fitted (welded) for under £100. You may well be able to get it cheaper though. Saves having to change the cats as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you after just the flexi-pipe? I had one supplied and fitted (welded) for under £100. You may well be able to get it cheaper though. Saves having to change the cats as well.
Yes i'm after the flexi but as it's the cf3 I need the one that comes with the pre-cats. I think it comes as one piece having looked at the Alfaholics version.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is part of the downpipe with the two Pre-Cats on the CF3 engine, so you need to look under Cats, not downpipes.
David, do you know if the front pipe comes as one piece with the pre-cats? The only one ive found so far is the Alfaholics one but i'm not paying £275 for a front pipe, my cat back was that price - unless it's made of solid gold! :lol:

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
David, do you know if the front pipe comes as one piece with the pre-cats?
On the CF3 TS, yes it does.
That is why it is so expensive.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
Oh well I will keep looking, thanks for quick reply David:thumbs:
To give you a sense of perspective, the OEM part from Alfa is listed at over £870...

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Yes i'm after the flexi but as it's the cf3 I need the one that comes with the pre-cats. I think it comes as one piece having looked at the Alfaholics version.
That's the one I had changed, just the flexi changed. Old flexi off, new flexi welded in place. No need to change the cats part if they still work. The flexi is slightly oval in section but the new flexi can be adjusted to fit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the one I had changed, just the flexi changed. Old flexi off, new flexi welded in place. No need to change the cats part if they still work. The flexi is slightly oval in section but the new flexi can be adjusted to fit.
Thanks Armoore, will see if I can get that done as mine is blowing just next to the flexi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts