Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember someone (I think it was Clive, sorry Clive if is wasn't you) saying that it's unsafe to powerflex the front end as one of the bushes is known to pop out if PU bushes are used.

Can anyone remember this and if so which bush actually was it that caused the trouble?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I seem to remember someone (I think it was Clive, sorry Clive if is wasn't you) saying that it's unsafe to powerflex the front end as one of the bushes is known to pop out if PU bushes are used.

Can anyone remember this and if so which bush actually was it that caused the trouble?
A long time ago I seem to remember posting this but it's 156s that can 'pop out', GTVs have a lip that prevents this....so I'm more reliably now informed. My Cup-a-Like, 'G6 GTV', had powerflexed fronts & it was the best front end I've ever had!?

Clive

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I'm torn, had a bloke on alfabook tell me his popped out on a track day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Now I'm torn, had a bloke on alfabook tell me his popped out on a track day.

I'll confirm tomorrow after I've asked again.......I also seem to remember 'he' told me they can 'pop out a bit' but not all the way due to the lip which the 156 etc don't have!!??

Clive

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
All I can say at the moment is that I had no problems, the car's previous owner had taken it around The Nurburgring circuit without problems.......I drove the car with various suspension set ups & drove it hard on many occasions.

Clive

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that is 10 years driving for me. Might be worth it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Those are rear wishbones. You could change the front ball joint on the 116 GTV but not on the 916. The whole arm is so cheap there is no point. I think I paid £35 for a pair off eBay. Just passed an MOT and still fine after 20k miles.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point. My bad. To much sun today.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I'll confirm tomorrow after I've asked again.......I also seem to remember 'he' told me they can 'pop out a bit' but not all the way due to the lip which the 156 etc don't have!!??

Clive
I asked again, & we had a look underneath a std bushed GTV, & it's as I previously posted above. Still safe as they can't come out all the way. Powerflex ones come with the large washers & if fitted correctly you shouldn't have any problems.

Clive

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for the info Clive, that's another one on the to do list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts