Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my workshop which specializes in Alfas mounted set of Eibach ARBs. They however encountered some problems after mounting front stabilizer. Eibach front stabilizer 10-20-320-VA is more bended in the middle than the standard GTA/GT 3.2 V6 one, that is why it takes more place in the area where metal handbrake support ends. After assembling everything into place together with front subframe – stabilizer was rubbing against handbrake metal support when moved by hand and car still lifted (simulating its movement during driving). That is why a small part of handbrake support on its end had to be cut away so now it is OK.

Improper mounting is impossible in this case as subframe with stabiliser fits directly into chassis mounting places and threads in metal handbrake support. Did you ever encounter such a problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Gregi,

This is interesting - I had some new Eibach Arb's fitted a few weeks ago and since, I've had a knocking coming from under the car. I looked (but don't have a ramp so hard to access) and I can see the ARB fouling on some part of the underside of the car but I couldn't work out what it was. I will have to take it to a garage again to check, but they already looked at everything and said they can't find anything wrong. I wonder if something has changed with the ARB's? Or a bad batch?

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
I've not seen this exact problem before, but I have seen some Eibach anti roll bars touching the lower wishbones at full or close to full droop. Normally there is around 10-15mm clearance on a standard GTA bar, with the Eibach bar only being 3mm thicker I'd expect it to only be 1.5mm closer so there must be something going on with how they are being formed. Shorter droplinks are a fix but you shouldn't need to use them, they should be bent to the same shape as the originals.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Gregi - out of interest was your front anti roll bar painted in the same shade of red as the rear anti roll bar? Or were they slightly different colours?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to take it to a garage again to check, but they already looked at everything and said they can't find anything wrong.
They can try lifting the car, unscrewing two drop links from the pillar and then moving front ARB by hand to check if it rubs against handbrake support. Keep us informed if you find the problem.

Gregi - out of interest was your front anti roll bar painted in the same shade of red as the rear anti roll bar? Or were they slightly different colours?
Mine are in different shade of red. Rear ARB is darker than the front one (see photo attached). However in the package I found leaflet were Eibach explains their RAL pallet colour change and informs that parts colours may differ.

GT is still on the lift as this week I will have rear ARB mounted. Do you set rear ARB on its hardest setting? Is there any problem with moving rear xenon levelling sensor from original GTA/GT 3.2 V6 ARB (17 mm diameter) to the Eibach one (18 mm diameter)?

In my case Eibach ARB's are/will be combined with MEYLE HD drop links and KW v2 coilovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
They can try lifting the car, unscrewing two drop links from the pillar and then moving front ARB by hand to check if it rubs against handbrake support. Keep us informed if you find the problem.

Mine are in different shade of red. Rear ARB is darker than the front one (see photo attached). However in the package I found leaflet were Eibach explains their RAL pallet colour change and informs that parts colours may differ.

GT is still on the lift as this week I will have rear ARB mounted. Do you set rear ARB on its hardest setting? Is there any problem with moving rear xenon levelling sensor from original GTA/GT 3.2 V6 ARB (17 mm diameter) to the Eibach one (18 mm diameter)?

In my case Eibach ARB's are/will be combined with MEYLE HD drop links and KW v2 coilovers.

Interesting. I'm using Meyle too, but regular OEM shocks and springs. I'll report back what they find. Thanks for highlighting it incase it's also my problem. Did you drive the car with this issue and hear it knocking, or notice during fitting?

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Yes I set them to the hardest setting (inner holes). Xenon level sensor moves over OK too.

Interesting to see you have different colour ARBs too. I never had any issues with the older, dark red front roll bars. The ones in bright red seem to have wider manufacturing tolerances.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you drive the car with this issue and hear it knocking, or notice during fitting?
It was checked while the car was still on the lift. In the way I described in my earlier post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts