Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola

After reading the 5000 posts about front end knocking I am resolved to the fact that it is the drop links... no problem...

Is that their actual name - when I look on http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/ and lookup drop links it only talks about anti roll bar drop links and they look completly different... should I be looking for something else ? I thought the offending items resembeled a bar with two ball joints ( one at either end ), the one on shop 4 parts looks like an eye with a shaft coming from it....

confused ( as usual )

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thats correct, the "eye end" goes over the threaded end of the anti roll bar and is secured by a nut.
The threaded end passes through the lower wishbone and has two rubber bushes and a nut securing it.

You require anti roll bar drop link and two drop link bushes per side.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barry said:
Thats correct, the "eye end" goes over the threaded end of the anti roll bar and is secured by a nut.
The threaded end passes through the lower wishbone and has two rubber bushes and a nut securing it.
Thks Barry

so, is this the easy job, or the one that needs the subframe dropping ?

ta ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
This is the easy job. Wheel off, up in the air and you'll be able to get at 'em!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nigel S said:
This is the easy job. Wheel off, up in the air and you'll be able to get at 'em!
think of me then... Monday - Thermostat and drop links !

bring it on

Andi

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shouldn't take too long.

Just a few scuffed knuckles. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you order from shop 4 parts you wont get the new nylock nuts or new washers, I had to get mine sepperatly any way...If you've got all the bits it is easy but you have to fiddle a bit to get the drop link out of the hole on the wishbone.
FGN

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just order them from Alfa, you get the whole kit for about £12 a side.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
marlon said:
Just order them from Alfa, you get the whole kit for about £12 a side.

...Alfa it is :)

such a nightmare getting to our alfa dealer in Bristol.... best to think of everything you are likely to be needing in the next month and batch order it !!

I look forward to a smoooove knock-less ride over some speedhumps or down a lane :p

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Try calling mangoletsi and get them delivered, might even have them on the shelf, P+P shouldnt be too much, probably the same petrol cost as 2 journeys to your dealer, one to order, one the collect :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts