Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although my recently purchased 159 (2007 Lusso) has come with car mats that have the holes towards their rear for the floor fixings to locate in and keep secure, the floor or base mats of the 159 doesn't have the protruding fixings for the holes in the mats to fasten on too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
161 Posts
The OEM mats come with fittings which screw into the carpet, a bit like those screw-in rawl plugs. I must say it's pretty poor of Alfa to expect owners to do a DIY job on relatively pricey cars but here you go. My guess is the last owner couldn't be bothered or didn't understand the woeful instructions. You could try double sided tape.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll see if I can get some of those fixings shown on the ebay site from a local motor factors (Halfords et al) then I know they'll match the holes on the mats I've got. Failing that some double sided tape as suggested or velcro. I guess it makes sense that the fixings come with the mats but it's odd that the guy who bought the mats didn't install the fixings. Thanks again.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Or you could use velcro.
First, check the fastening system, they changed it after 2008 and the mats are different. Before 2008 the clips/studs/whatever were a dealer installed option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts