Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front caliper needed for 2.4 Brera

My Brera has failed its MOT due to a caliper that has given up and ended up warping the disc. The problem is that other than from Alfa directly (~£450+vat!), no one else has one in stock. Does anyone know of a source/site/contact that could help me? If not, I'm going to have to start looking at breakers yards.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
My Brera has failed its MOT due to a calliper that has given up and ended up warping the disc. The problem is that other than from Alfa directly (~£450+vat!), no one else has one in stock. Does anyone know of a source/site/contact that could help me? If not, I'm going to have to start looking at breakers yards.

Thanks in advance!
Have you tried Autolusso?...failing that fleabay, there's a couple of brembos on there, probably need rebuilding though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Autolusso?...failing that fleabay, there's a couple of brembos on there, probably need rebuilding though.
Thanks - I haven't tried Autolusso but will do.

Also can anyone tell me if the front callipers on a Brera 2.4 are the same part as on other models/variations - eg Brera V6, 159 2.4 & 159ti?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Yeh, look at breaking 159 or Brera on eBay, the 2.4, 3.2 certainly have that brembo, along with any Ti version (inc the 1.9)

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Why dont you just rebuild it with a new seal kit, its easily doable at home, a new seal kit for both sides is about £30 plus a few quid for a small pot of red rubber grease.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh, look at breaking 159 or Brera on eBay, the 2.4, 3.2 certainly have that brembo, along with any Ti version (inc the 1.9)
Great thanks - the should hopefully give more results

Why dont you just rebuild it with a new seal kit, its easily doable at home, a new seal kit for both sides is about £30 plus a few quid for a small pot of red rubber grease.
Interesting thanks, I didn't know that was possible. My mechanic didn't suggest this but did say that the "rubber had perished and let water in" so I'm hoping that the piston isn't too damaged and resealing it will be enough. I might ask him if he'd be happy to do it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts