Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title says ...... I need to repaint the front panel as it’s flaking and looking decidedly sorry for itself. Do I have to remove the front bumper to take it off? or is it possible to do it without?
thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is this the black panel that the bonnet rubber rubs against and wears it away? That’s one of the jobs I need to do so I’m following this with interest.

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the black panel that the bonnet rubber rubs against and wears it away? That’s one of the jobs I need to do so I’m following this with interest.
Yeah, that’s the one. Apparently you need to keep the rubber seal on the bonnet well conditioned with a rubber treatment to keep it soft and supple, when I got my SW about 5 months ago it was flaking badly. I’ll tackle it tomorrow. If I can remove it easily I’ll strip and repaint, otherwise I’ll just rub the top down and repaint then the next time I’m off work I’ll remove it and get it blasted and powder coated

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will find it easier with the bumper off as there are quite a few pipes and cables attached to it and it is bolted behind the headlights. Take pics!!!

I got mine powder coated and came out better than new.

IMG_8592.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will find it easier with the bumper off as there are quite a few pipes and cables attached to it and it is bolted behind the headlights. Take pics!!!

I got mine powder coated and came out better than new.

View attachment 949297

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks amazing, that’s the way to go next time I get holidays and don’t need to use the car for a week. I’ll get it blasted and powder coated. At least it looks better until then. Thanks for the picture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts