Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a pair of front bumper irons for sale?

As I washed the car today and noticed that my drivers front bumper iron has come of its original welding point on the arm.

Managed to do a tempoary repair until I find a pair:cry:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hello mate,

I have just done my bumper job and have a drivers one in good condition if it helps? Can send you a photo if you like?

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
There are 2 at the front and 2 at rear Turtle, and they are what the actual bumper is bolted too. They are designed to deform on impact and a pig too adjust.

PS: gtv73 i reckon you only need the one not both?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 at the front and 2 at rear Turtle, and they are what the actual bumper is bolted too. They are designed to deform on impact and a pig too adjust.

PS: gtv73 i reckon you only need the one not both?
I tried to adjust the one prior to it coming off its original fixing, after I re-sprayed the front bumper and then tried to adjust it by putting washers at the bottom of the arm to push the bumper upwards towards the bonnet. Originally it was flush on both sides near the front wheel arches, but at the front near the front grill it was quite a gap.

I agree a real pig to adjust.

I wondered why something was vibrating at the front of the car at around mmmm+ mph:cheese: prior to seeing the broken weld.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts