Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i intend to replace the front disks and pads,basically doubling the car value in one swift move.
Trouble is,on EuroCarParts and CarParts4Less there is a difference of height,one says 62mm and one says 59mm.
I have no idea which to choose,would all fit?or do i just go to the mechanic only to be told i got the wrong part and i should just let the pro's do their job instead of interfering?
Car is a 147 1.6 TS 120hp from 2007

Thank you,Cristian

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i could do that,but i believe i would get the cheap ones and pay for the most expensive option. I already spoke to the mechanic-Kevin from Alfa Sussex,and was quoted 45 pounds for the job.

·
Registered
842 Posts
ECP are showing two different sets because one is for cars with vented discs and the other for solid discs. Other than 105bhp 1.6 all 147s use vented discs. You will need the set with the height marked 62mm. You will see those are a different shape and have double "ears" on the outer pads. The other have single in all pads.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you very much,very concise !
I initially settled for Brembo,is there a point to going for them,or should i just go for Pagid (brake disks + pads).

I am not driving very spirited anymore,but i would like something that would not rust/corrode easily from not being used too often,i barely do 30 miles a week,and because i work nights,sometimes i reach work without touching the brakes at all. Othewise i only go to a supermarket once a week,and try to walk for as much as i can.
Twice a year i go on a holiday,mainly to Wales,where in total i don't drive more than 2000 miles. After i return from there,the brakes are shiny and they stop as they should. I noticed lately they are pitted,hence the reason to replace them.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Hi,i intend to replace the front disks and pads,basically doubling the car value in one swift move.

Trouble is,on EuroCarParts and CarParts4Less there is a difference of height,one says 62mm and one says 59mm.

I have no idea which to choose,would all fit?or do i just go to the mechanic only to be told i got the wrong part and i should just let the pro's do their job instead of interfering?

Car is a 147 1.6 TS 120hp from 2007

Thank you,Cristian
The easiest way to double your cars value is to put a tank of fuel in it.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts