Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is October 1990 164 Twin Spark, chassis number higher than 6142574.

When I brake at 70 km/h and above, the steering wheel shakes. So it is time to change the front brake discs. Everywhere I check in the internet, the thickness of the front brake discs for my car should be 22mm. However, the discs on my car are 20mm thickness (measured at outer edge). I looked at the brake calipers and could only see Bendix but no part number.

I am wondering to purchase 20mm or 22mm new discs. How can I verify whether the brake calipers are for 20mm or 22mm thickness discs? Attached are photos of the brake caliper.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What I meant was the brake discs currently on the car was 20mm when it was first installed. But according to ePER, my car should have 22mm front discs. Chassis numbers less than 6142574 use 20mm thickness discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From photos seen on the internet, it looks like the brake caliper for 20mm disc thickness does not have possibility to mount the holder for the brake hose. Can I use this observation? I do not know if every manufacturer would produce the same looking brake caliper for a particular part number.

Calipers
Enter part number 341808 (20mm disc), 34954 (22mm disc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts