Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the front brake calipers of the 8v and 1.8 16v cars (257mm discs) the same as any of the Fiat range ?????

·
Registered
564 Posts
Marlon the parts disc shows the Caliper as being used on the 1.7 16v 145 & 146, but doesn't show any compatible Fiat Units. :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I had a look meself and found that. Never mind....I had a cunning plan.......

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
...involving 4 pot calipers off a coupe?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as cool as that I'm afraid. EBC do uprated reconditioned calipers and they are much cheaper than OE parts. They don't do the 155, but they list a few Fiats and Lancias, so maybe could get these instaed if they were the same.
As an example, a rear caliper for a 164 costs about £55 from EBC.
For the 33, the fronts are about £45. You have to send them your old calipers in exchange, but that's still cheap I reckon.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marlon said:
Not as cool as that I'm afraid. EBC do uprated reconditioned calipers and they are much cheaper than OE parts. They don't do the 155, but they list a few Fiats and Lancias, so maybe could get these instaed if they were the same.
As an example, a rear caliper for a 164 costs about £55 from EBC.
For the 33, the fronts are about £45. You have to send them your old calipers in exchange, but that's still cheap I reckon.

What about the calipers I have off my 155 2.0 w/b? I could bring them to Keswick?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends how much you want for them. I'd need the carrier frames aswell. (plus discs and pads :()

1 - 7 of 7 Posts