Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can confirm the torque settings for the caliper carrier bolts (7mm hex) and caliper bolts (19mm socket) on the front calipers? This thread mentions the front caliper bolts are 22-32Nm. I assume this is the 7mm hex bolts as it sounds too low for the ones with the 19mm head. Does anyone know the torque for the 19mm bolts is?

·
Registered
407 Posts
yeah don't use those values... I think the correct value for the M12 / 19mm bolts are 98 / 108 nm I've recently taken mine off and without a ramp and poor leverage I had to use a heavy hammer against the socket wrench to get it starting to move.. didn't have a torque wrench but went for hammer against the socket wrench for final tighten on re-fit.. I know some people will squirm at that method but was all I could do.. basically they need to be proper tight, those low values are way out. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
According to the workshop manual the torgue are the following
Caliper carrier bolts (7mm hex): 22 - 32 nm (Spider 4 cyl 31 - 38 nm)
Caliper bolts (19 mm socket): 42 - 51 nm (for the rear, I couldn't find any torgue for the front but as the bolts are similar I assume they should have the same torgue)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the workshop manual the torgue are the following
Caliper carrier bolts (7mm hex): 22 - 32 nm (Spider 4 cyl 31 - 38 nm)
Caliper bolts (19 mm socket): 42 - 51 nm (for the rear, I couldn't find any torgue for the front but as the bolts are similar I assume they should have the same torgue)
Thanks. Where abouts in the workshop manual are they? I have the searchable PDF version, but couldn't find them listed in any of the PDFs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts