Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I was being clever by refurbishing the GTV wishbones so I could fit them to the Spider and save time but 2 of the GTV ones have a notch out of the knuckle end presumably for clearance. The problem is that the Spider ones don’t so I’m worried about when I come to fit the notchless Spider ones to GTV that they won’t fit and will catch.

CA sell them under the same part number for Coupe and Spider and I can’t see any notches in the pics?

I could always cut a notch in the others later but I’d rather do things properly. Does anyone know about these?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
The spider has an identical suspension set up as the GT so if they were OK on the Spider they should be OK on the GT. However I think the front and rear arms are slightly different to give clearance for the steering joints. Has someone used a front arm on the rear and modified it to get the clearance?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I thought they were the same.

Reading on alfabb the rear arms on both should have the notch for clearance. The Spider definitely doesn’t though and not on any other arms which would suggest they’ve been incorrectly reassembled in the past.

Clearance is tight but ok without the notch on the Spider so i’ll swap them over and check the clearance when I rebuild the GTV.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Evening,

I’m reassembling the wishbones but just a quick question re tightness of end bolts to the dog bone ends.

When tightened up how easy should it be to rotate the arms?

Thanks

Edit - Revisited the alfabb dummies thread, 59 - 66.4 ft lbs should do it apparently

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts