Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my amazing 2l 170bhp veloce Guilietta on the first week of Feb. All seemed fine but the gears, especially first, was very temperamental. After reading the forum I contacted my dealer to express my concern. They could not have been better. Car was booked in the first available time and when the engineer and I went for a spin he agreed there was a problem. A few days later and my veloce was booked in for repairs. They sent me away in a nice little 1.4l 170bhp Spotiva. I had to arrange my own insurance (which was no extra cost) which wasn't a problem. I then got an update from the dealer that when they put in gearbox, the system flagged something and a boffin from Alfa would have to check it out. This was fine as they said just keep hold of the Sportiva for as long as it takes. Then latest update, the boffin has checked the gearbox and it's all to be replaced, BUT, gearboxes are on 'backorder' and as Alfa have taken responsibility I have to take the Sportiva back! Then I got a call from AA to say that the Fiat group had arranged for a five day hire of a car from Enterprise, who then call to let me know that I can either be picked up or pick up the basic astra/focus that Fiat have booked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that it? Can I shout and scream or do I have to drive away with the basic suburbia classic astra!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Least you have wheels. And no car drives as fast as a hire car :D

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I had a 320d when my Giulietta was repaired. It sounds quite impressive but it was a horrible car. I usually get a 105bhp Mito which is alright, however the 8v Punto I have had is fun - oddly. It was one I was disappointed about to start off with (we'll let you have our best car sir!!) but just seemed to be able to change my opinion. Still glad to get back in my Giulietta though.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'd be thoroughly dissappointed with an Astra, as i don't like Vauxhalls one bit and they're certainly no Alfa. However, given the backing & forthing gone on with Alfa & the dealers over some of the gearbox issues, your story where everyone has kept you updated & Fiat Group booked a hire car, is something of a revelation.

Ideally yes it'd be an Alfa but i guess that unless Fiat Group kept a stock of cars specifically for courtesy during warranty repairs (logistically tricky) then companies have to go down the hire car route and unless you already have a bog standard car as used by these companies, it's kinda inevitable that you'll end up with a different vehicle for a while.

Hopefully the gearbox is perfect when the car returns. Alfa do seem to be making the right noises, which is encouraging given their patchy response on other cases.

T

·
0 Posts
AR agrees to swap the gear box under warranty, and in the meantime you get a hire car on Alfa's dime. Call me fartypants and old, but I fail to see a problem here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you're all right, I should be grateful that I have a beautiful Alfa that is getting repaired, a hire car on Alfa, and the Astra is top spec so I have a heated bum. They have all been really great and I hope this is the start of my many Alfas with the continued support and service of Alfa. And I'll be totally loved up again as soon as I get my Alfa back!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts