Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I viewed a very nice 147, 5 door Selespeed this afternoon and I'm pretty keen on it. Cam belt changed some 19k miles ago, full service history and all sorts with 2 lady owners (the owners husband is selling the car from his dealership in Bromley).

There are a few things i was hoping you could help me out with.

The gear change into second makes a little 'clunk' sound. The owner seems to think its not a big deal and that his had it checked out by his mechanics (Gallano Brothers in Catford) and they said that its nothing to worry about.

Another thing is that the switch to turn on and off the drivers side heated seat is sticky and not working. Any idea how much this may cost to be fixed?

And lastly, the car comes with sat nav but has the maps of 2001. I called an alfa dealer and was quoted £262 + vat. I then found 2 websites selling 2010/11 maps for £30 - £35. I was told by a colleague that if i used the cheaper cd i would still need to go to an alfa dealer as the cpu wouldnt recognise it. Not sure if this is true or not.

Any help or advice on the above would be appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It needs to be looked over and checked thoroughly - nothing at the moment should preclude it, BUT just be wary of buying with the heart and not the head.

btw - good research piece A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts