Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wide body 155 is understeering in the wet like a fridge on casters. Thje car has done 92k Miles, has had new front wishes recently and has 4 6 month old Michiln boots on. Im about to have Eibach anti roll bars fitted, but realise this could make the understeer even worse. What else should i be looking at?, tracking i suppose , but the last time it was done there was so little adjustment to do even after hitting an enormas pothole.
Any ideas chaps ?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swap the tyres from front to back to see if it changes anything.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Auto Express' tyre test (8/00) the Exalto offers an above average performance. It was one of the best tyres for wet weather conditions but fell behind due to a lack of traction in the wet and slightly higher rolling resistance than average.

This is the tyre i have on , Mich Pilot Exalto. May be i have lack of traction in the wet ?, £350 quid too, what a bummer.

Would new springs and shocks help ?, the car has done 92 k after all

Thanks Wrinx, starting to pick new tyres now

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fk
I would suggest that you only do one thing at a time, that way you will know what is causing your problems. If you wish to change the springs, dampers and anti roll bar then fine do so, these will probably improve the handling anyway.
But first check the cheap things first, like wheel alignment, tyre pressures (may be experiment with these) to eliminate these possible causes.
Hope this is of help.
Ian.

·
Registered
189 Posts
get the track rod ends checked - my v6 had fridge-like qualities on bumpy left turns, until the TRE was diagnosed as the wrong part (by the garage that fitted it) & replaced.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fkcream,
Its probably the 100mph entry speed causing all your probs! Slow in fast out haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts