Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not supersitious, but this happened today while parked....

Old chap didn't manage to put enough lock on when pulling out of his driveway and clobbered the front corner.

I'm reluctant to go through the insurance, as it will probably write the car off, but I reckon there's easily a grand's worth of damage, even by using secondhand parts and mate's rates at my friendly bodyshop

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
What new parts??? Nothing in the pic there that could not be repaired by an even half decent body shop.....but even then its going to be a few notes.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,108 Posts
Looks like the head light lens is cracked so maybe a few parts needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup - headlight lens is broken and the mountings are also broken, so it's a pair of headlamps at a minimum (order already placed at Partsworld...)

The bumper is cracked and the wing is bent - I'll be showing the photos to my bodyshop tomorrow to see what they say.

With the silly mileage (261,000) it would probably be a write-off if it went through the insurance, so I'm keen to keep the costs down.

Annoyingly, it only had a front-end respray last summer, so it's a bit annoying to be doing it again.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Yes, insurance really doesn't work that well and irritating to have an otherwise good condition car damaged. Older drivers can be a menace these days and with that I'm glad my parents haven't been the causes of problems.
Hope you can get it sorted well without drama.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update
  • New headlamps now received from PartsWorld - bargain price of £330
  • Car booked in at the bodyshop - wing and bumper will repair for c. £300 - £350
  • Third party has agreed to stump up personally, rater than go through the insurance (phew - saves the inevitable argument about writing it off)
The only downside is that while the bodyshop will probably stay open, new rules say that I can't take the car there as the journey isn't essential....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts