Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you reckon to this report......:confused:

Officials in Pas-de-Calais, in northeast France, are trying to rebrand the area in a bid to cash in on London 2012.

Pas-de-Calais recently signed a contract with the boxing, wrestling, judo and athletics teams of Chad to hold training camps in the region ahead of 2012.

The canoe and kayak teams of Uzbekistan and Senegal had already agreed to train in Pas-de-Calais ahead of the London Olympics.

Civic leader Dominque Dupilet told Sky News: "I consider that we are the south of England, and because we're the south of England it's normal that we would associate ourselves with this extraordinary event."

Referring to Paris' failed bid to stage the 2012 Games, Dupilet said: "Don't tell anyone, but I always thought London was better for us.

"My colleague was telling me to write a condolence card when Paris lost, but I was busy hoisting up the British flag."

Just the matter of a 22 mile wide river between us............:tut:

N

·
0 Posts
Well they own half of the UK (e.g. Water, Gaz, Electricity) they might
as well make it official. ;)

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Yes there is a very strong historical connection between Pas-de-Calais and England. When Henry VIII wanted to have a chat with his cousin Francois I of France they always met up in the English dominion of Pas-de-Calais.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
"I consider that we are the south of England" :nuts: :lol:
Perhaps it's just poor translation -- "I conseederr zat oui are south of ze England".... :cheese:

B

·
0 Posts
Great this should help the treasury when the IR collect all that back taxation,very handy in these time's :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts