Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and immobiliser.

Fob battery is fine but couldn't get the immobiliser and alarm to switch off this morning.

Any hints?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if it helps but I had exactly the same issue on my GT this morning. Id unlock the car door using the fob and it would lock instantly with the alarm going off until I pressed the lock button again, if I used the unlock button it would stop the alarm but it would start again until I pressed the lock button. My driver window would drop and still let me switch on the engine. I then managed to defrost the passenger side car door. The only thing I did that stopped it was to press the unlock button, let it lock with the alarm then sounding, unlock it again quickly, jump in and start the engine. Not sure if Im correct but I can only deduce that the lock mechanism on the passenger side was frozen?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the battery in the fob as that is fine. The car battery was bugging me a little in the summer but has since proven A OK.

As the the GT issue, completely different.

Think I'll investigate a little further.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find out why?

My Alfa 156 sports wagon doing exactly the same. Couldnt get it to turn off with fob. have noticed alarm going off randomly in the cold weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts