Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I started my drive, I turned on the roof light inside. Then I turned it off and in the middle of my journey, The dash lights speedometer lights and all dimmed totally or turned off. my boot light came on and the light under the pedals came on.

When I click on the roof light the light under the pedals come on. When I turn on the radio, the roof light comes on!!!

Lastly my aerial has stopped going up and down when I turn on the radio.

I Love MY GTV :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
sounds very dodgy, perhaps a faulty ground cable, moisture in the electrics. On a lot of cars the radio, interior lights and cigarete lighter are all on the same fuse. check your fuse box, good luck!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Has it been raining a lot for you lately? Or did you get your engine washed, by any chance? Check your fuse boxes for condensation/humidity and/or park your car where it can dry up and see if the symptoms disappear. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Im in Ireland so its raining all the time!! Anyone have any idea what each fuse does on the fuse box,,a map?

·
Registered
445 Posts
there should be a chart in your owners manual to tell you what number fuse does what. I always find the best ways to check the fuses is by using a audible continuity tester, which basically beeps when the fuse is fine:) , also just by checking that the fuses are all seated ok and not corroded, you can do this by just looking at the box in genral and around the base of each fuse.
does the radio still work, ie, does it power up and act normally apart from the ariel??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah radio powers up and all although my aerial isnt working now..when radio comes on, the roof light comes on. I noticed my clock and all has stopped too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
im pretty sure this is gonna be a fuse problem. your electric ariel works on a switched live, so basically when you turn your radio on it sends a signal via your remote line out to the ariel which in turn powers up the motor to lift your ariel. If you locate the culprit fuse make sure it is the rite amp rating as if someone has replaced it with a higher amp rating you could have some fried wiring:(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Gnasher said:
before I started my drive, I turned on the roof light inside. Then I turned it off and in the middle of my journey, The dash lights speedometer lights and all dimmed totally or turned off. my boot light came on and the light under the pedals came on.

When I click on the roof light the light under the pedals come on. When I turn on the radio, the roof light comes on!!!

Lastly my aerial has stopped going up and down when I turn on the radio.
I Love MY GTV :D

Oh dear, have you ever seen the film Christine :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Seems to me you have too many lights in your Alfa ;) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts