• Other

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have it? Have we ever had it?

Censorship is a big part of society these days, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I think I can guess who the 3 voters are that currently have option 2 at 100%.
Like early Cristians we need a symbol so we can recognise each other without fear of persecution. Maybe some kind of Wig emblem might be in order.

·
Registered
38,249 Posts
Unfortunately political correctness has seen that we no longer have free speech. :(

Nowadays people choose to get offended at stupid little things.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, forgot to make this a public forum :(

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
The trend on this poll is very telling...

·
Registered
350 Posts
:rant:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
uk
how can we have freedom of speech in a society which allows female asian teachers the right to wear a burkah yet refuses to let a flight attendant to wear a cross on a chain and remove the union jack from an airport to avoid offending someone
china
google search blocks certain websites from the chineese public on the sayso of the chineese government
america
yeah right
canada
quite literally no freedom of speach as it is illegal to say c**t
true censorship of speach when a word is outlawed

and the list goes on

freedom of speech?
hmmmm.....
:rant:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
so who's gonna be the first to bemoan the erosion of freedom of speech when a mod locks this thread? :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
There's no such thing, if I said what I want to who I want when I want it wouldn't take me too long to get fired, beaten up, arrested and worst of all, banned from the forum here.

So no, we don't have freedom of speech. Keep our mouths shut, toe the party line, jump through the hoops and at 5:00 we get to go home.

There are a couple of corners of the internet where nothing is taboo but they are few and far between - the closest I've found to freedom of speech - where you can speak your mind and not be afraid of retribution.

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
There's no such thing, if I said what I want to who I want when I want it wouldn't take me too long to get fired, beaten up, arrested and worst of all, banned from the forum here.

So no, we don't have freedom of speech. Keep our mouths shut, toe the party line, jump through the hoops and at 5:00 we get to go home.

There are a couple of corners of the internet where nothing is taboo but they are few and far between - the closest I've found to freedom of speech - where you can speak your mind and not be afraid of retribution.
Oh FFS :rolleyes: :p

:lol:

·
Administrator
46,103 Posts
There's the same level of freedom of speech that there has always been.
The problem is that people who don't know what freedom of speech actually means love to throw out a juicy rant when it turns out that it doesn't (and never has done) mean that you can insult and offend whoever you like without any comeback.

D

·
0 Posts
There's the same level of freedom of speech that there has always been.
That doesn't mean speech is totally free though

Different people take different meanings from freedom of speech, I take it to mean I can say what's on my mind without fear of being punished for it, the fear of being seen as un-PC or misconstrued as being a racist.

It's better to just keep quiet most of the time

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I notice all of the options (except "other") have a bit of a bias to them, and all in one direction. What do you do for a living G5een, are you a political pollster:lol:

There's as much irony in you posting this thread than the other one in the WOT lounge:cheese:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts