Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all you Alfites out there & a special hello to any jocks that I can hopefully get out for a drive with some time - not sure on how much social driving you guys get up to but I'm sure I'll find out once I've tom-tom'd my way round the forum :)

Little bit of history :eek: The free transfer is from the Lotus Elan forum LEC where I was active during Elan ownership, unfortunately I managed to lose it on the exit of a B-road bend and ended up upside down :eek: and the car was trashed.

So here I am, I've got myself a car of with a roof now and am a very happy puppy with my shiny blue gtv.

Will try & post a pic (of the car of course!) once I can get one sent from home, I am working offshore at present.

Look forward to chatting & meeting you all as time goes by.

atb
Mike

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Died a bit of death this thread so I'll bump it back up to the top.
Interesting to compare the differences in forums, this AO is vast!

Managed to get a couple of pics sent out from home so here they are, I hope......

Okay, i give in:rant: How tf do I manage to get a picture in with any quality - as soon as I compress it fits in kb size but is too small. Try & blow it back up again and the quality's pants :(

Will try again after the footie or 2morrow. Any tips welcomed (I'm using ms windows picture manager).

Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After watching Andy Murray choke in the 3rd set I thought I'd give the pics another go, think I've just about managed to get a couple of pictures reduced enough this time.

All I need now is a couple of the AO stickers for my rear 1/4 windows;) , I know I know, all good things come to those who wait.
I would guess that the generic Alfa owner would be a bit short on the patience front:)

atb
Mike I

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Nice car Mike - looks great in that colour :cool: I assume being offshore you don't get to drive her that often :( Pity.

But welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tks Lynn, the colour actually looks better in the flesh esp when the sun is shining imo (not too often in good old jockland mind you).

The offshore thing actually works out quite well as I work 4on 4off so end up with 6 mths holiday a year:cool: , enuf time to get out and enjoy the odd drive just for the sake of it, usually to somewhere mountainous and remote (which reminds me I really must join the RAC now I've got an Alfa;) ).

l8tr

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Hey there Mike, welcome to AO. :)

Nice looking car you have there, BTW. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts