Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again the same topic..

i can have a guy make me a stainless tube fram headers back to last muffler at a good price. Is 3 inches OK, or is 2.5 better??

i have a 2.0 8V 1995

Nick

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No opinions on my question..anyone, please..help??

N

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
A long while ago, in my youth, I used to hillclimb a Lotus Sunbeam. This had a 2.2 16v Lotus twincam stroked to 2.5 giving about 220bhp. Eventually settled on a 2.25'' twin box system as power dropped off with anything larger. I am not an engineer but I beleive that it is something to do with retaining some back pressure as opposed to being totally unrestricted. Likewise tuned length of the header tubes can move power up or down the rev band.

Phil

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would go with the same diameter as the original exhaust. The exhaust will flow better anyway as your removing the cat (I assume) and the boxes you use will not be as restrictive.

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
three inches is gona be way too big for all of the pipe.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you put another exhaust on than buy a complete or a part that is ben tested on your model because the only cars that benefit from realy big exhaust are turbo cars because they dont have to press the gas away from the turbo and that gives that the turbo get rpm easier .a normal road going tuned car needs a litle back presure othervise the tourqe disapears ,a race car that dont needs tourqe needs very free flow .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts