Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this filter (unipart) a couple of years ago. I should have taken it back as its the wrong one for the 150 10v and only fits the 136 JTD, but I never got round to it. Before I throw it out...if anyone wants it free/gratis and for nothing locally let me know. I hate chucking new stuff away (actaually I hate chucking anything away..which is my problem)

Its unipart number is GFE5338 incidentally. I've no idea what other applications it will fit.

Alfalincs

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,391 Posts
I bought this filter (unipart) a couple of years ago. I should have taken it back as its the wrong one for the 150 10v and only fits the 136 JTD, but I never got round to it. Before I throw it out...if anyone wants it free/gratis and for nothing locally let me know. I hate chucking new stuff away (actaually I hate chucking anything away..which is my problem)

Alfalincs
:lol: I know just what you mean, running out of space here too and still gathering bits for the '6 ! :eek:

:thumbs: Generous offer, hope it can help someone out.

Don't you fancy joining in with our little outings ???

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I know i'm an antisocial g*t but work hours until recently have made it impossible to do midweek, and weekends have been little better as Mrs A has until recently been working darn sarf and left for work on sunday afternoons, making outings difficult, and time together quite precious.

It gets worse. The two 'until recentlies'..refer to the fact that we are moving/have moved back to the Yorkshire Dales, where we came from in 1996, and Mrs A is now working full time in Bradford, and I am/will be working for myself as a gas engineer/plumber in/around the dale and Harrogate.

It also has to be said my first love hobby is sailing, but when I say I only had five sailing outings last year, you can see I have been a bit stretched to find free time to do anything.

Anyway I am currently doing the 'grand clear out' of our Boston dwelling, but have to meet the Gas Safe inspector on wednesday up in Yorkshire to be grilled, and the Alfa is Due its second cam belt change having done over 120,000 miles now.....eeek! I havn't even seen my boat since early november. Now that IS bad news when I can't get to my boating equivalent of a garden shed:lol:

AlfaLincs

·
16,391 Posts
I know i'm an antisocial g*t but work hours until recently have made it impossible to do midweek, and weekends have been little better as Mrs A has until recently been working darn sarf and left for work on sunday afternoons, making outings difficult, and time together quite precious.

It gets worse. The two 'until recentlies'..refer to the fact that we are moving/have moved back to the Yorkshire Dales, where we came from in 1996, and Mrs A is now working full time in Bradford, and I am/will be working for myself as a gas engineer/plumber in/around the dale and Harrogate.

It also has to be said my first love hobby is sailing, but when I say I only had five sailing outings last year, you can see I have been a bit stretched to find free time to do anything.

Anyway I am currently doing the 'grand clear out' of our Boston dwelling, but have to meet the Gas Safe inspector on wednesday up in Yorkshire to be grilled, and the Alfa is Due its second cam belt change having done over 120,000 miles now.....eeek! I havn't even seen my boat since early november. Now that IS bad news when I can't get to my boating equivalent of a garden shed:lol:

AlfaLincs

Ah, sorry to hear that you are leaving us, hope all goes well back home and with the new business. :thumbs:

Thought about heading for home in " Barnsley " when I repatriated myself five years ago but couldn't hack the hills anymore ! :eek:

If you find any 75 3.0 bits I think I know a man who'd be interested ! For myself I'm always on the look out for GTV6 bits - a bit like tracking Unicorns down. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Doh! I've just found 3 V6 24valve coilpacks lurking in the garage....also free to anyone..and a Paddy Hopkirk roof rack for a Skoda Favorit:lol::lol::lol:

AlfaLincs

·
16,391 Posts
Doh! I've just found 3 V6 24valve coilpacks lurking in the garage....also free to anyone..and a Paddy Hopkirk roof rack for a Skoda Favorit:lol::lol::lol:

AlfaLincs
I'll have the coil packs on behalf of Aaron, K18 NOB, he's a nice guy and I'm sure he'd appreciate them. He's currently in Germany en route to Afghanistan so I'll hold on to them until he's back here on a visit in May.

When's the best time to pick them up ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have the coil packs on behalf of Aaron, K18 NOB, he's a nice guy and I'm sure he'd appreciate them. He's currently in Germany en route to Afghanistan so I'll hold on to them until he's back here on a visit in May.

Nige
Are you at Taylors? If so i'l run them over now. I'm only on the Causeway near the PinCushion pub. I'm in a blue metallic Kia Sorento. Is that OK?

AlfaLincs (Tim in real Life)

·
16,391 Posts
Doh..x2 So where is Nige then?...out of interest:lol:

Alfalincs
Tim, I'm at home in TLW, are you out and about or shall I come over to you ???

·
16,391 Posts
I can't reply to instant messages..I'm not registered, but yes, pop round, I'm at 171 and in now. Excuse the mess.:eek:

AlfaLincs
:thumbs: Thanks Tim, be around in a few minutes.

·
16,391 Posts
Coil packs gone...good to meet you at last Nige..:):)

AlfaLincs
:thumbs: And you Tim.

Only just got back in, as I set foot in the door I got roped in to help deliver tonight's Quiz League questions, running late now, time to start rushing around !!!!!! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
and a Paddy Hopkirk roof rack for a Skoda Favorit:lol::lol::lol:

AlfaLincs
that seems a fair swap, skodas are about worth the price of a roof rack i hear :lol:

how's the mrs getting on with her JTDSW now :rolleyes: bored with it yet :D i will still let you sell it to me if you want :D
i have a blue ts SW now, you may have spotted it outside work :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts

Cheers for doing that Nige, i was about to reply saying id have them until i read on further and noticed you have already taken care of it :thumbs:

Also cheers to Tim for letting me have them, could come in handy one day :thumbs:

·
16,391 Posts
Cheers for doing that Nige, i was about to reply saying id have them until i read on further and noticed you have already taken care of it :thumbs:

Also cheers to Tim for letting me have them, could come in handy one day :thumbs:
I have them here Aaron although I'm not sure that they will be any use to you, only for 24V engines as Tim says.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I have them here Aaron although I'm not sure that they will be any use to you, only for 24V engines as Tim says.
The 156 is a 24valve :p assuming its the same part for the 3.0 and the 2.5 i should be ok, cant imagine they would be much different :rolleyes:

·
16,391 Posts
The 156 is a 24valve :p assuming its the same part for the 3.0 and the 2.5 i should be ok, cant imagine they would be much different :rolleyes:
:thumbs: Well there you go then !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
that seems a fair swap, skodas are about worth the price of a roof rack i hear :lol:

how's the mrs getting on with her JTDSW now :rolleyes: bored with it yet :D i will still let you sell it to me if you want :D
i have a blue ts SW now, you may have spotted it outside work :thumbs:
I'm oop north today.....Had my Gas Safe inspection today....bit nail bity but OK in the end.

Yes I've seen the Blue SW, very nice indeedy. Oy no rude Skoda jokes. Its just had its third repair in twelve years and 114,000 miles..alternator regulator module £18:D . It does need a central/rear exhaust section though..blast. My son and daughter now use it.

The SW has done 121,000 miles now and is booked in for its second cambelt change early in feb. Touch wood its still a good un, but I'm going to ask BLS to give it a good corrosion check whilst its up on the hoist..stitch in time etc. The Mrs still loves the car, and is doign less miles now she is working in Bradford.

Incidentally I narrowly missed getting caught up in the A1 gas incident yesterday. It was closed from Newark to Markham Moor. My daughter rang me so I went via Lincoln instead.

Yes the coil packs are the same on all 24 Valve engines so good oh, glad they've found a home.

AlfaLincs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts