Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Last chance. 156 Sportwagon, xreg, rattling big ends otherwise good. Front suspension arms done, professionally under sealed, 10 months MOT, new plugs and thermostat. Even got the dog guard and sun shine roof. History and manuals folder.
If no interest it'll go to the local scrap yard, which seems a shame.
Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94000 miles History is MOT's, owners and bills for work done and items changed. Engine is a 2.0 twin spark.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Would be useful to know where its based too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Pete, if you do end up scrapping it, don't just let the whole thing go off to the scrappy. Lots of relatively easy to remove bits that could help people here. I need a rear wiper motor for instance... and cabin fuse box cover retaining screw... and and and...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Pete, if you do end up scrapping it, don't just let the whole thing go off to the scrappy. Lots of relatively easy to remove bits that could help people here. I need a rear wiper motor for instance... and cabin fuse box cover retaining screw... and and and...
Why don't you go and pick the car up and remove these bits and then sell it to a scrappy yourself, or pass what remains on for free to the next guy?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anybody wants the car FOR FREE, come and pick it up. It'll be off to the scrapyard by the end of the week.
Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If I was closer I would happily take it. I have a 2.0 tspark engine siting spare that I could put in it :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why don't you go and pick the car up and remove these bits and then sell it to a scrappy yourself, or pass what remains on for free to the next guy?
3 hours away from me... and presumably it'd need trailering. If not, insurance/tax/train fare and suddenly a 20 quid wiper motor is a 400 quid wiper motor... makes no economic sense I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Is it drivable?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It runs with a lot of rattling with a bit of revs. My local scrapyard is about three miles. That's as far as I'd drive, fairly slowly. So it will probably need a trailer for any distance. The clock's ticking.
Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Criminal this.

With space and time a lot of money could be made on the parts of this car. If only we all had space and time, Christ, I'm turning into Richard Ashcroft. :)

Pub

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been to the scrap yard today, sad. The going rate is £70.
I'll leave it till Friday, someone may turn up. On a lighter note the 'new' 55 plate 156 sport wagon 2.5 v6 is a worthy replacement. Also bought from Clive at cgtrading.com.
Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's gone! Kept the space saver spare and the dog guard if anyone is interested.
Cheers,
Pete.:depressed:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's gone! Kept the space saver spare and the dog guard if anyone is interested.
Cheers,
Pete.:depressed:
Bloody hell mate, sorry I couldn't help but think I'd be lynched if I came home with another Alfa (after just selling one of the fleet). I can't believe that you can't give a car away these days. What a strange world we live in!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts