Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got caught in one on the way home, weather was wet in the valley bottom but got high up on the tops and hit snow, lots of it, coming back down was dicey, huge queue of traffic, cars abandoned in the road, car sliding all by itself with the brakes on, not a fun experience.

Saw a land rover sliding down a hill in a four wheel slide with a audi a3 following it sideways.

This was in barkisland above ripponden in the south pennines. Took 45 minutes to move half a mile down the hill and eventually got overtken by a gritter with a Plow on the front thankfully.

Be careful out there folks, this came with absolutely no warning.

Sean

V

·
0 Posts
Yes, some very cold weather coming in apparently, with snow oop north. I'm off to Spain for a couple of weeks on Sunday, I timed it just right :lol:

BTW, the Yanks say plow, we say plough ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, some very cold weather coming in apparently, with snow oop north. I'm off to Spain for a couple of weeks on Sunday, I timed it just right :lol:

BTW, the Yanks say plow, we say plough ;)
Too much simpsons DOH!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How well does the Brera cope when it is slippery?
No idea, i was in the bmw :lol: and we all know they're ****, i got stuck halfway acroos a junction on the flat with oncoming traffic driving like there wasnt any snow :( the real danger is other people

1 - 20 of 21 Posts