Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back on Saturday from just over a week in Brittany with the GTA. Did the Plymouth-Roscoff crossing, so not a massive amount of miles (just over 900 in total), but the GTA was perfect the whole way. Averaged just over 25mpg according to the trip computer, which is just about as good as I've ever had.

What struck me the most though is that the car got about ten times more attention in the one week I was away than it's had in probably the last year in the UK! :D Everywhere I went people stared and commented (favourably!). Not sure if that's just because Alfas seem to be so few and far between in Brittany (saw a total of six others the whole time), but it was gratifying all the same! Even the guy guiding me off the ferry took the trouble to ensure that my front bumper didn't scrape on the off-ramp.

All in all, a very pleasant experience!

Cheers
Aubrey

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any pics of the Gta en France? :)
A few - but none that are very French looking! Can post anyway if you're interested?!

Ohh, I'd love to do that! How much was the ferry?
Lots and lots and lots - being night crossings, Brittany Ferries insist you have a cabin, which they then charge you extra for. And as I went out on a Friday night, which is more expensive, it came to £530:wow:

But there was free "entertainment" in the bar - imagine Butlins on a ship and you'll have a pretty good idea of what was on offer.......

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
France :cool: but sod Brittany

Le Mans :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Sailing to Brittany on Saturday,Rosslare to Cherbourg,and looking forward to taking the GTA on her first trip abroad.This will be our 5th visit to La belle France in recent years,both wife and I absolutely love it!Not looking forward to the fuel bill this time though! Any idea what your mpg was for the trip,Aubrey?(sorry,just noticed 25mpg.doh!!)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I loved taking my GTA to Le Mans a couple of years ago - the car is really well suited to the smoother roads, great visibility, and higher cruising speeds in France.

When I came back home and was driving along the hog's back between Guildford and Farnham I was reminded what a cacky road surface feels like...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'll be at Le Mans again next year and I'm thinking about taking the GTA this time. The roads are soooo much better than here and as Aubrey says the French really appreciate interesting cars.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's still too far north, with weather
just like England. ;)
Exactly Nev.. get into Monaco throught those fantastic tunnels and maybe pose in Antibes too! :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts