Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Are the Frensh right to kick out the gypsies?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so les frogs are in the process of deporting as many roma gypsies as possible back to romania and bulgaria, after a lot of trouble & crime wherever there's a roma camp

simple question - are they right or wrong to kick them out and send them home?

·
Registered
555 Posts
There's a lot of trouble and crime in other places. Should they kick everyone else out too?

Fascists, racist French government. Shame on them.

N

·
0 Posts
NO.

Excuse for the typical French state sponsored thugs to flex their muscles.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Romanian and Bulgarian governments need to be more responsible for their people, especially if they really are the cause of so much trouble (government hype?)
Don't know what's worse, slum conditions in France or their slum conditions back home :(
The French government seem to be stirring things up at the moment.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Hmm, sounds a nice guy :(

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
central manchester was full of romanian/bulgarian big issue sellers a while back, but they all seem to have disappeared lately. you'd see them all piling out of a van with their gangmaster in the morning. why come all the way here to beg & scrounge?? why don't they beg and scrounge at home?

i've no issue with people from all over europe coming to the uk to work, and to contribute to society. but people who come here with no intention whatsoever of doing anything other than begging should be sent straight back where they came from (PS running a windscreen washing racket at the lights does not constitute 'work' in my book)

as for the link with crime and the roma, i don't know if it's proven but my gut instinct is that there's a lot of truth in it. a gypsy woman knocked on our door begging a couple of weeks ago with her dughter, i said no thanks and they walked off with no trouble. but i was then having a cig in the back garden and saw her daughter wandering round the side of a neighbour's house and peering over the fence into the back garden (presumably to see what she could steal). she then clocked me watching her and scurried off with head down. orrible thieves, i made apoint of watching them all the way down the road and back, just to make sure they knew they were being watched. shame really, the daughter wasn't bad looking in a sultry mediterranean kinda way :lol:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Roma as a group don't have a good reputation, they were thrown out of Slovakia a few years ago I think. They have been known to use their kids for begging and other more serious stuff. I don't like to say it but the French eviction of Roma is probably very popular among those who live near Roma camps. It would be interesting to see crime figures before and after eviction.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,151 Posts
Sarko in my opinion is only doing this to divert attention from the issues he's facing and the loss of popularity that came with them. He's doing the populist's thing: draw attention away from himself and center it on an easily identifiable group of people who are generally powerless.

Sarko and his gang should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Registered
38,259 Posts
If people go to a country then commit crimes they should be deported. You cannot expect the french people to put up with people coming in causing trouble and then costing the taxpayers money to keep them in prison.

However, the problem here is that Roma are being targeted as a group because of the actions of a few of them.

Overall I am unsure whether the French government are correct ot not. I do think they should be allowed to control their borders, but then that is against EU rules.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I don't know why but I was mildly shocked to see the French weren't planning to ship them all to England.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I don't have a problem with the French kicking out the ones who have committed a crime, but from what I've seen (which I admit isn't much) they seem to be kicking out everyone - which does seem a bit OTT.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Oi Mrs Franko is romanian.............but no a roma:)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Be careful Morgan or i will get her to curse your mouse:lol:
Noooooo! Not me mouse!!! I need that for clicking on AO! ;)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have been around some Roma estates in Romania and the size and quality of the housing is amazing.............some of them are very rich.

Its a real pity in Ireland we cant send the knackers somewhere else.............we have tried to encourage travel to the uk but it has only be somewhat successful:)

N

·
0 Posts
Sarko in my opinion is only doing this to divert attention from the issues he's facing and the loss of popularity that came with them. He's doing the populist's thing: draw attention away from himself and center it on an easily identifiable group of people who are generally powerless.

Sarko and his gang should be ashamed of themselves.
Exactly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts