Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front frame profile (on top of the front windscreen) is rusted and needs replacing.

I cannot find any information on the forum, so asking directly to see if anybody has information about how to best approach this task.

I have the new frame panel so no need to fabricate anything, just looking for instruction on how to replace it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
you mean the actual windscreen frame, top horizontal part, under the chrome strip? (I didn't realise they do new metal for that)
If you do mean that, I'd say you'd need to be real careful to get alignment correct.

Or do you mean replacing the front Bow on the soft top frame itself, where it clamps down onto the top of the screen?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front bow on the softtop is rusted.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't see any threads on who documented that job..

one guy on BB in 2012 started with this:
Spider Convertible Top Front Bow - Sources? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

and 4 years same guy began a new thread on fitting the top:
New Autoberry Soft Top Install Question - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

so either he bought a new frame or he did exactly that job:)
maybe ask Gary over on BB.
I also need to know what type glue is used to fix the front of the soft top fabric to the front bow?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Weldwood Contact Cement

I also need to know what type glue is used to fix the front of the soft top fabric to the front bow?
I used DAP Weldwood Contact Cement to glue everything when I replaced my soft top. Works great, holds tight, and waterproof. Plus, I've found that to re-do, or re-position the placement of a union between pieces, you don't have to destroy the parts to separate the bond.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts