Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Here are 3 photos. One is a fram air filter for our car. The other two are crossland and mann. This is taken directly off the Eurocarparts website and to be honest I usually find their photos pretty damn spot on for things like filters. Not to mention I have seen the Mann one in person and its exactly like that. The Fram one has the brand name on!
I know which one looks terrible just from the lack of filtration material!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Genuine Alfa one is manufactured by Mann & Hummel - its available for £6.99 including postage in original Alfa box.
I cant imagine I would want to spend less.
Including the new oil cartridge plastic screw top for the housing is £15.00.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here are 3 photos. One is a fram air filter for our car. The other two are crossland and mann. This is taken directly off the Eurocarparts website and to be honest I usually find their photos pretty damn spot on for things like filters. Not to mention I have seen the Mann one in person and its exactly like that. The Fram one has the brand name on!
Crossland isnt what it used to be either, thats Eurocarparts own brand stuff now. AFAIK they bought the name and have reduced the quality

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Genuine Alfa one is manufactured by Mann & Hummel - its available for £6.99 including postage in original Alfa box.
I cant imagine I would want to spend less.
Including the new oil cartridge plastic screw top for the housing is £15.00.

Yeah I would usually go mann or mahle for filters but i was doing the oil change on a fri nite in work and had the wrong filter only realising after dropping the oil out. Didnt want to drive about for a few days without the undertray and the fram one seemed a better option on a sat morning insted of a crossland one.

Do you have the part number for the plastic screw top ?

·
Registered
123 Posts

...and there you go. Look like the same crap Fram that they get in the USA. Like I said, I'd change that filter of yours out tonight, not tomorrow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
On further reserach it seems its not there filteration material thats the issue is more the materials used in the standard screw on type filter thats the issue. Im happy enough to run with this one untill the nxt service. Cheers for any imput

21 - 29 of 29 Posts