Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first time posting so sorry if I make some errors!
I have a Giulietta Cloverleaf (2012), which I bought in December, had just been MOT'd and serviced.
Recently, the engine oil change warning light came on. I phoned the garage, as I suspect it hadn't been reset when oil was changed in December, which is the case.
However I still went and checked I had enough oil, which I do, but while I was under the bonnet, I noticed two things.
Firstly, no cover on the negative part of the battery, there is a cover on the positive part, and thanks to your forum, I realize this is normal!
Secondly, found this large plastic cap thing just sitting, not connected to anything, in the back right area.
Please see photo attached.
Could someone tell me what this is?
And where it should go?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the headlight cover.
Ah! Garage were sorting something else out for me a few weeks ago and changed a bulb at the same time. Clearly never put the cover back on! :furious:
Thanks for the prompt explanation, I know where to put it back now.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It'd be good if you notified the dealer principal about this, just so they can make sure to impress upon everyone working there to work carefully.

I avoid this kind of thing by putting down any parts I remove from the car in once specific place, or by putting them on the slam panel, so when lowering the bonnet the parts would interfere and alert me to the fact that I have not replaced something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'd be good if you notified the dealer principal about this, just so they can make sure to impress upon everyone working there to work carefully.

I avoid this kind of thing by putting down any parts I remove from the car in once specific place, or by putting them on the slam panel, so when lowering the bonnet the parts would interfere and alert me to the fact that I have not replaced something.
It was actually just local garage not Alfa dealer. Normally I would go to dealer for anything major, but this was just I suspected a camber issue with one of the tyres and I had noticed the bulb same morning, so thought I'd just let them do both (they are 1 minute away from my work, whereas Alfa garage is 45 mins!)
Still should mention it to them, not great to have it just lying about under the bonnet!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sadly this is why I do all my own servicing! I just want my car to be how the factory built it, the part changers that work in this industry nowadays may have factory training but they don't give any attention to detail about your car they just live for the day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts