Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorting through a box of old photos last week I found a Halifax BS passbook that belonged to my mother who died in 1983. It has £10 showing in it.
What happens to odd bits of cash like this? Has it just sat there gathering interest or even qualified for the cash bonus when it changed to a bank.
If its possible to claim it I might try if its worth it.
My Mum struggled for money all of her life untill her last few years. She would hate the thought of some of her hard saved cash going begging. :(

S

·
0 Posts
quote from another website

"I found my old National Saving book last week, there was £10 left in it. I had read the part of the website about claiming forgotton money so... I took the book along to he post office and they gave me a form to fill in to close the account. This then had to be send off.
2 days ago I got a letter back saying the interest was £152. I had not used the account since 1992."

I'd say a trip to the Halifax is in order. :thumbs:

BTW - I originally came across this when I was looking for the service to track down missing pensions. Lost Accounts Also worth a shot if you think you might have money sitting out there but have no paperwork.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I'll drop into the Halifax next time I'm in town if it's going to be £150 going begging.:) or I might try the Lost Accounts form first if I have enough info to fill it in.

S

·
0 Posts
May be more than £150 if that other guy got £152 between 1992 and 2008.

You've got some high interest years in the 80s to add in.

Best of luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts