Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run a Tbi Sportwagon in Ti trim for a number of years. Alfa have abandoned the svelte Sportwagon market and gone SUV mad. I can't abide the jacked up truck look. And it doesn't make sense to have all the weight pushed skywards with fresh air underneath.

I've had to look elswhere. So I now have a 210 BHP wagon with a sculpted fastback. It has double wishbone front suspension almost identical to the 159 (image below). The rear is multi link but with a clever composite spring to eliminate the spring turrets and reduce noise transmission to the load area. It has an 8 speed super smooth gearbox. The drive characteristics can be adjusted by a toggle in the centre console.

Being more modern it's loaded with kit to include Autonomous Driving, Remote Start, Automatic High Beam and Cornering Lights. Also Powered Memory Seats with Auto Dipping interior and exterior mirrors. You can see the parallels with the 159.

Liquid Nickel Machine Art Metal

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,955 Posts
XC90.
I'd imagine it'll be a safe high-rider.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,955 Posts
There is a cooler Volvo:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,955 Posts
Polestar EVs don't carry the Volvo badge. In a similar way to a Lexus not carrying a Toyota one.
The V60 Polestar was a Volvo.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,955 Posts
From only posting pics of suspension parts, can we deduce it's no looker? XC90 then.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,675 Posts
Aside from it being a car....almost....I can see no "parallels with a 159" at all. If you really have bought an XC90 I would suggest you go find a mirror and take a long hard look at yourself!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts