Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have found a GT 1.9jtd on a 54 plate - 31,000 miles, looks immaculate and will be giving it a test drive and a once over this weekend.

Any known gripes or common probs with this model I should be aware of when checking it over? - it's currently unmodified but I would be looking at having it remapped if I purchase it.

The car is trade and the dealer is Black & White Garage in Newbury - has anyone dealt with them and have any comment ?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'm looking at a Rosso / Black leather one at the mo. 55 plate with 6900 on the clock. 17" alloys too :cool:

Not sure of the interior colour, Grp 19 insurance or the fuel consumption though :(

I've driven GT's and our 156 SW but the standard 156 handles better IMHO :eek:

Re. the JDTm, an undetectable 195bhp is easy to dial in with no downsides :cool:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Boot rattle

Electric windows

Some boots have a rattle because they're missing a spot-weld somewhere, other models don't suffer from it - no-one appears to know why. There is a fix in circulation (check out the GT/GTA threads).

Electric windows have a habit of forgetting where they are in the up/down sequence, and often they don't drop down when you open the doors. Fixable with a reset, but tends to come back again and again.

As for Black and White, I've only ever spoken to them on the phone (they're a bit far away from me to be a viable garage for me to use) but they were very helpful bunch and I've heard mainly positive comments from people on this board about them.

Enjoy your drive :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts