Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching SKY news and they are reporting that the FIA have reached an agreement with FOTA and Max Mosley will not seek re-election - they are quoting AFP as the source.

I can't find anything on the web to substantiate this - anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Max's announcement, made in his usual smug manner, said ".................we have reached an agreement......". What he failed to say was that there would be no £40m spend limit next year, and the FOTA participation next year was dependent on him not seeking re-election in October - Both points totally contrary to his proclamations last weekend.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bye, Bye Max!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
just been confirmed on evening news, Max Mosley is to stand down
I'll believe this when I see him with a wooden stake through his heart. Something tells me that he just isn't going to go quietly, he has a long history of going back on his word. Not terribly relevant, but I used to know him quite well, when Max was a young barrister, he was my law lecturer at University, very amusing on the intricacies of contract law, and quite a laugh in the pub after lectures. I think we've both changed a bit though, since my student days.

H

·
0 Posts
Just 24 hours has passed, and what did I tell you, prescient or what?

Revealed: Max Mosley letter that puts new Formula One peace deal at risk - Times Online

Quick, somebody pass me a wooden stake...
As I understood, Max was to retain power until he stands down later this year. so if Fota have been saying that Max has been ousted then he's quite right to say what he says in that article.

Di Montezemalo, Flav and Max have all been like spoilt kids arguing in the playground. This isn't going to be a new start for F1, it's just going to be more of the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts