Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought some Forte Air Con Cleaner from ebay, it doesn't actually come with any instructions, and I wanted to know if anyone knew how to use it?? (I can't find any on the web)

Thanks - am planning on using it tonight if I can....

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i used an aircon cleaner, not the forte one tho, the instructions with mine were turn air con on full(engine running), close all windows, fold front seats all the way forwards, set canister going on rear floorwell, close door and retreat for 10 mins (or 5mins after canister was empty) then open car and alow to ventilate (its not adviseable to breathe the stuff in)

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i set mine to 21 when i did it, the instructions i had dident say what temp to set so i just put it half way, worked ok for me, i had a mouldy smell before using it and it has been fresh ever since (6 months ago)

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
The spray one I've used is squirted down the vents and into the air intake near the windscreen. Then run the a/c.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK - have figured out the Forte.

Can anyone tell me where the "particle filter" (I assume they mean pollen) is located on a 156 ??

Help me obi-wan!!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
no problem, it is behind the plastic cover where the windscreen wipers are, you only need to take off the passenger side (a few screws and the rubber seal in the engine bay) and you will see the filter :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If your 156 is post 2001, with body coloured bumper inserts and door mirrors, then you have the later style cabin filter. There are 2 of them and they are accessed, fairly awkwardly, from the bottom of the heater assembly from the LH footwell.

The cabin filters aren't overdue a change, are they? That can produce ventillation problems also.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you but got some instructions off the net. Wait till I get to my PC and I'll post them. It's not as easy as just using it.

Edit. Now with the instructions. They are quite specific. Got them off a Lexus forum of all places (better than their 'lights:lol:).

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
cheers all..

squadrone - superb help that was,,, I done mine todayand its like new- really good. couldnt have done it without the info from squadrone though..

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts