1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 400ml bottle of this stuff for my 1.9 JTDm

Instructions on the bottle are as follows:

Specifically formulated for Common Rail Engines

Use only as directed in compression ignition engines.
Add one 400ml bottle of Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment to contents of a diesel tank of up to 100 litre capacity or at 0.4% by volume for larger capacity and bulk tanks.

My question is, when do i add this stuff?

Just before filling up with a tank of diesel?
After filling up with a tank of diesel?
If only half tank full do i use only 50% of the bottle?

Thnx

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I would go and fill your car up but pour the bottle in prior to filling up with diesel, you will then have 400ml bottle diluted into around 70 litres of fuel.

Let us know if you notice a difference :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I got a bottle put in last week....seems to have made a difference alright

going to add one now every 12 months

How much do the dealers in the UK charge for it? €32 here

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've just started using Millers Oils DIESEL POWER SPORT 4 Treatment, after being recommended it. You can get if from ebay for £9.79 (free p&p) and it treats 10 tankfulls. I intend to use it every time I fill up because having used a similar treatment in my Vectra cdti, I'm convinced it helps avoid EGR problems by preventing build-up of carbon in the engine. I'm also wondering whether it will extend the time between DPF regens?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I usually put BP Ultimate Diesel in my Car anyway, especially as its dropped right down to 99p @Ltr at the moment. I did stop using it when it went right up in price though ( £1:44 at one point ) and used Sainsbury City Diesel instead, and I DID notice a BIG difference all round, especially on the MPG........

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Am using Shell's new'ish Diesel V-Power.
Cant see much difference to be honest compared to normal shell diesel.

Have you tried BP Ultimate Diesel, I highly recommend it !!!!......:)

I don't think we have a Shell Garage down here selling the V-Power fuel, so I've never been able to try it, so cannot comment on it........:) :)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have been using the V-Power, the posters and banners have a Brera on them :D I am noticing slightly improved mpg but have played around with air intake also so not sure what has helped!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts