Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely hate myself sometimes.

I received a letter from the from the DVLA a couple of weeks ago reminding me that my tax was due, and that I needed an MOT certificate for the DD to continue.

"hah", I thought, "you bureaucrats have got it wrong again" and went off in search of my MOT certificate from October 2015.

I couldn't find it.

So I called the garage where I last had it done...and that's where the bomb dropped.

The last visit was in October 2014; it doesn't take an Einsteinesque ability to realise that it ran out in October 2015.

So, yesterday I spent all my free time (i'm on a course away from home) trying to find a garage that could fit me in.

Thankfully, all is passed ( I had a major service in july, so i would have known about anything dangerous ), but the stupidity of not having or knowing about a lack of MOT is really quite scary.

I am now making a note in my calendar!

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
That's quite a way past the due date, longest I've managed to forget about it is a month but nearly 4 is impressive

·
Registered
542 Posts
You can register with various websites, including this one I think to give you a reminder when your car is due by email about a month before. I use MyMotoring. Works well as I used to forget mine years ago.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Reactions: stan laurel

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Apparantly, MoT is not picked up on ANPR!

*phew*
Not sure about that.

I was stopped by a traffic cop in the loaner from my local garage - stopped as no MOT. I was fined £100 (no points) which the garage paid as well as being very generous with my bill!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Apparantly, MoT is not picked up on ANPR!

*phew*
I can assure you it is:eek:

As well as insurance, tax and mot just about everything that's held on the PNC is cross checked including Information markers, driver details et al.

The national ANPR centre is next door to the PNC building in Hendon.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure about that.

I was stopped by a traffic cop in the loaner from my local garage - stopped as no MOT. I was fined £100 (no points) which the garage paid as well as being very generous with my bill!
I can assure you it is:eek:

As well as insurance, tax and mot just about everything that's held on the PNC is cross checked including Information markers, driver details et al.

The national ANPR centre is next door to the PNC building in Hendon.
In that case, remind me never to take information from Special Constables! :p

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
526 Posts
Luckily I always get the car MOT done at the same garage, so they send me a reminder 6 weeks in advance. Helpful bloke!
Clever bloke!, he has just secured your business for another year with a simple click of a button :yes:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Clever bloke!, he has just secured your business for another year with a simple click of a button :yes:
No he hasn't, he's simply reminded him. Mine (the one I no longer use) still does it and I don't use them. The reminder was helpful though before I got this phone app :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts