Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,
Just back from 3 glorious weeks in South Africa.
Saw far more Alfas over there than on previous visits. Probably half of them were 156 and 147s which shows they're selling well. I couldn't believe some of the 'classic' Alfas i saw in everyday use, ones which you'd only see at meets over here. These included a nuovo Giulia, Bertie GTV,Spider S2, Alfetta GT, several S1 33s, 3 116 Giuliettas, as well as newer tackle like 145s and 155s. Also incredibly saw a Lancia Flavia coupe in a Cape Town carpark eek! :D
Those bellas sure looked good in all that constant sunshine :D

Oh well, off to check out the posts i've missed. :)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve P:
<strong>Oh well, off to check out the posts i've missed. :) </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What?? Everything from the last 3 weeks!!!!
Or are you more selective??
:D

Sounds a good trip - SA is cropping up as a country of origin in a lot of classic car adverts now. Nice to hear they are in every day use.

·
Administrator
45,312 Posts
Yeah, he's more selective. He only reads the interesting ones. I.e. the ones which I've posted in :p

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, trying to be selective....sorting the interesting from the rediculous (see bazzas posting above wink laughing )

·
Administrator
45,312 Posts
Oh right :(
It all depends on whetehr you find the ridiculous to be interesting :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>Oh right :(
It all depends on whetehr you find the ridiculous to be interesting :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Invariably I do :D

·
Administrator
45,312 Posts
You should definitely check my posts then. The one thing that's consistent throughout them is the high level of ridiculousness. Is that a word? It is now.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Hey Steve, why did you go to SA?? Business, vacation?? :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Steve, I was in Cape Town last December, and was pleased to see quite a few Spiders out there (well they've got the weather for it, that's for sure!) they even had one at Hertz rentals at the airport!! Too rich for my holiday budget tho!! Shame! :( Maybe when I go back this year :cool:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>Hey Steve, why did you go to SA?? Business, vacation?? :confused: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Most definately a vacation Ant. Nice to go back to the land of my birth :)

Emptie, it would have been nice to have had a Spider to tool around in, but unfortunately there were 8 in our party and we had to make do with a Veedub Microbus, and incredibly I got done for speeding in the big ol' bus :rolleyes: eek! :D
You're going back this year? CT again? I was there for 5 days and it is so a place i'd like to live :cool: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts