Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Ivo,

So is that a picture of you? It's kind of hard to tell, the person in the photo is so small, and all I've got to compare it to is the photo of you and your brother and the third AO member (whose name I can't remember, sorry). Your GTAO picture was not helpful. wink

I hope you enjoyed your stay, and again, the offer I made on another thread still stands. If you come back to the city, let me know. I'll give any regularly posting AO member the grand tour. Of course, I'm only willing to do this because I expect the courtesy will be returned when I come to visit. wink
--Toronto

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toronto,

Yup that's me about 5 years ago. Went to Toronto and Ottowa for business (JDS Uniphase).

I was impressed by the CN Tower and also I jumped on that plexiglass floor 400 meters above the ground :cool:

Hopefully I'll be back once, but it's hard to tell in the current economy :(

Anyway, thanks for the offer :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Never been ther Ivo... but I've been here, right on the top (guessed where is it?) wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toronto Spider:
<strong>...the photo of you and your brother and the third AO member (whose name I can't remember, sorry)... </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gysman

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Ivo,

Glad to hear you made it up to Ottawa as well. Lots of people who visit Toronto never manage to get out of the downtown core, and there's a lot more to Ontario than just downtown Toronto.

As for jumping on the plexiglass floor, that's a pretty freaky experience. In your head you know that it's safe, but that primal instinct deep deep down, tells you that you really shouldn't be standing on anything transparent that high up.

Do you have any other good memories that you want to share? I always like to hear what other people thought about their experiences in Canada. Plus we can bore the rest of the board, going on about places they don't give a crap about. wink

As for the current economy, tell me about it. I'm going stir crazy since my travel schedule has been cut back. :( And if you're dependent upon business with JDS Uniphase to get back to this part of the world, it's unlikely that I'll see you here any time soon. That's a shame. :(

Oh well, I'm glad to hear that you had some fun while you were here, and that it wasn't all work.

Take care,
Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Hey Toronto, when are you coming down to Watermelon??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Ant,
Watermelon sounds like a whole bunch of fun, but with the economy like it is, I'm grounded for a bit. Somehow it doesn't look like I'll be getting a vacation this year. :( Of course, if the book selling business is going like gangbusters, you and Andrea are perfectly welcomed to come north for a bit. wink
--Toronto

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
That's the one bit the net is missing.. we should be able to up-and download ourselves wink

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Selespeed,
Are you heading to Canada on business trip, or are you just flying over the coastline on the way to someplace else?
If you are stopping in our fair land, let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
--Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toronto Spider:
<strong>Ant,
Watermelon sounds like a whole bunch of fun, but with the economy like it is, I'm grounded for a bit. Somehow it doesn't look like I'll be getting a vacation this year. :( Of course, if the book selling business is going like gangbusters, you and Andrea are perfectly welcomed to come north for a bit. wink
--Toronto</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you, really!! :)

I'll tell Andrea tonight!! :D

BTW, if you want to come here, we'll show you around a bit too. :D

Watermelon cheese,

Ant

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<strong>Selespeed,
Are you heading to Canada on business trip, or are you just flying over the coastline on the way to someplace else?
If you are stopping in our fair land, let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
--Toronto</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just flying over the coast line towards New York. I am going to pay a visit to my brother who lives in the big apple.

BTW Thanks for the offer

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Selespeed,

I hope you make it to New York and back without any hassles, but with all the problems they've been having at the U.S. border, you might end up getting turned around and parked in Toronto.

Even now (before any official action has been taken) Americans are battening down the hatches and taping up the windows. Car and truck traffic moving from Canada into the U.S. is currently being held up for hours, and the wait is just going to get longer. Airport security has been beefed up considerably. Be prepared to wait, and wait and wait. And answer lots of stupid questions by American customs and immigration officials.

I know it's their country and their prerogative, but their actions effect other nations. I just wish they'd remember that sometimes.
--Toronto

G

·
TORONTO HI, we were in your fine city in 2000, we had a meal at the tower and then went and saw the Blue jays beat the TEXAS RANGERS, 9-5 I think.The tour of your country was unforgetable we had a great time.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
By the way, that CN Tower is one of the tallest buildings/structure in the world. It's a massive 553 meters high eek!

However, I read that the tallest building in the world is the KTHI-TV Tower (USA...of course :eek: ) which measures at a massive 645 meters eek!

Just some FACTOMUNDO'S wink

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Mel,
Technically, the CN Tower is described as "the world's tallest freestanding structure." (As Canadians we have to qualify every accomplishment we have. wink ) There's been talk of a taller freestanding structure being built in the U.S. and another one being built somewhere in the Mid East, but I haven't heard any definite plans for either of those, yet. Just supplementing your "factamundos." wink

Kiwi,
Was there anybody in the stands when you were at the ballgame? When the Jays were doing well and were in the hunt for the World Series, you couldn't get a ticket. For the past few years, however, you can't even give tickets away.
I'd love to get down to your part of the world. I've got friends in Australia that I would like to visit, but I hear that New Zealand is even more beautiful, and probably more worthy of a visit.
--Toronto

1 - 18 of 18 Posts