Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came accross this....

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Dear customers and friends of Hankook Tire!

Welcome to the fourth edition of Hankook Tire's e-newsletter this year.

In this issue, I am delighted to be presenting you with good news again about Hankook Tire.

Regarding the current economic situation, the first quarter has been a good one for Hankook Tire. We have recovered from the declines of last year and have performed positively. Year on year, our sales have increased worldwide by 13.8 percent. This is definitely the result of the great support you, our business partners, have shown to Hankook Tire. At this point I would like to warmly thank you for your contribution to our successful business relations.

In the field of original equipment, we have made further progress. Since April, the Volkswagen T5 models Transporter, Caravelle, Multivan and California are originally equipped with the Hankook Radial RA 28 in the dimension 215/65 R 16 C. We take particular pride in this supply as it is the first one to a European car manufacturer directly from our new factory in Hungary.

And I have further important news from Europe for our European customers. During this month, the first Audi A3 will be equipped in Audi's lead plant in Ingolstadt, Germany with the Hankook Ventus S1 evo. Our flagship tyre, in the dimension 225/45 ZR 17, will in future be fitted on the Audi A3, A3 Sportback and A3 Cabrio.
I look forward to continuing to work with you.
Yours sincerely,

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
They are excellent tyres. I first fitted them 9 years ago when my high mileage Citreon needed new boots, the garage suggested Hankook as a 'budget' replacement to the Michelin's. I found the Hankooks as good for mileage and grip. I have used them almost exclusively ever since. I would have put them on the front of my 159SW last week, but the EVO 12's I need are not available in size for a couple of months yet. I am sure to use them next time around. Both my other cars (Wifes SAAB convertible and employees Citroen C4) all run Hankook.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hankooks are great tyres. Ran them for years on various high performance cars and would still have then now if they did my size. Several manufacturesrs have fitted them a standard for years, including some of the more prestigeous brands, not just korean firms. I definitely wouldnt call them budget, more mid range price with premium performance and longevity IMHO. Been using Avon, Goodyear and Pirellis on last few Alfas and cant honestly say they are any better tyres.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
"I definitely wouldnt call them budget"

Indeed I agree, my reference to budget is what you will find the tyre suppliers classify them as. In fact, conversely, the last ones I fitted to my last car (SAAB 93), there was little difference in price between Contintal sport C3 and the Hankook, I had the Hankook.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but I had always percieved Hankook as a budget tyre

I will be fitting the Evo 12's to my 159 SW when the Bridgestones finaly give up all of the remaining tread. 17858 on the odo and not needing any yet. I had my steering set to 0 degrees

I just hope they are available soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts