Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Good 'Heads Up' :thumbs: How many will iy affect on here?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bloody politicians! That means guys like Clogz, or anyone with a 159/Brera Jtdm who has had the DPF removed is going to be shafted when they try to get an MOT next time....however it does not APPEAR to refer to chaps like me running without an EGR...as it is not a filter system....I hope! Oh Dear, I see arguments with Testers over the semantics of this idiot piece of legislation....just great!

An exasperated Captain:mad:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
How will they know? MOT testers aren't allowed to dismantle anything, so if you've knocked it through and it still passes emissions tests, nothing.

However technically anyone who removes a DPF, possibly including the garage, is breaking the C&U regs and could be fined £1000.

I think it's a mildly irresponsible thing to do, so limited sympathy.

G

·
The EGR will be ok as they are on the car even though they are blanked and ecu deleted. I would think the reason for the dpf regs is because cars fitted with them are rated through the eu emissions and this decdes the car tax you pay, removal of the dpf contravenes this.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is on another thread already big long debate about it. It is going to cause havoc with all breeds of diesels shame on you all for trying to get them to perform like a petrol car lol

Peter

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't know much about diesels, but aren't DPFs fitted to prevent carcinogenic particles being pumped into the air?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts