Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
I'm going to buck the trend and say Gran Torino. It's a bit like the choice between drinking red wine and Irish whiskey though. I don't really mind which ends up in my glass but sometimes I'd fancy one over the other. Both great films.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I didn't really rate either TBH.....

I thought GT was too "hollywood" for the subject matter, and conversely Harry Brown tried so hard to be so utterly bleak and unremittingly squalid that I found it a bit like an Eastenders Xmas Special in that it tried to wring so much overwrought emotion out of every scene that I became inured to it.

The acid test for me is that when I skip through the hundreds of Sky movie channels looking for something to watch, I just scroll past Harry Brown even though it's on most nights. Something I can't do if Goodfellas, District 9, Long Good Friday, Gladiator, Groundhog Day etc are on....

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I really liked Gran Torino though HB was pretty good too :) So GT for me. I even have the title track in the car :lol:

Although the car was not really featured in the film being a American Muscle car fan it probably plays a part in my preference. I have always been a fan of Clint Eastwood too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts