Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in order to keep the peace while I'm living at home, I've taken the Wizard off my car. I've got a Novitec catback on at the moment and it's fine, so now is your opportunity to own the fabled Wizard exhaust. It'd be a shame to have it lying around, plus I could do with the coin.

It's done around 7000 miles or so. I cleaned it up and as you can see it's in tip top condition. Here's what I thought of it when I got it: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/849466-wizard-exhaust-review-video.html

And here's a video of a 2nd gear thrash through a tunnel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8EvcePlM8

I'm after £400 plus postage, which I'll arrange. It'll be packed up properly!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If this was being sold in July I would have had your hand off! Grrr.

Also I'm not sure it would fit a 156 GTA, the way the failpipes line is are slightly different iirc.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah, I talked to Dan about this. He said also that tailpipes are too big (which way?) and in wrong position (angled to other side?).
So it means that i have to find a good welder to modify it...
I have to think about it now.

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Yeah, I talked to Dan about this. He said also that tailpipes are too big (which way?) and in wrong position (angled to other side?).
So it means that i have to find a good welder to modify it...
I have to think about it now.
GT tailpipes we use 2 x 2.75" diameter, same for 147 GTA. Both these cars have cut-outs in the rear bumper which need filling. The 156 GTA exhaust exits almost underneath the bumper, so doesn't need as big tailpipes. We use 2 x 2.5" for the 156 GTA for this reason. The 156 GTA tailpipes are also lower and more over to the left hand side of the car. If you look at these two photos of the systems you can see the difference in tailpipes.

Also the GT silencer casing is slightly shorter because the inside of the rear bumper is deeper, but that wouldn't be an issue. If you were trying to fit a 156 GTA exhaust on a GT then it would cause a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
How hard would be to get those end pipes "stretched" longer?
Or is it easier to order just those tailpipes from Wizard? :)
So it would be matter of welding GT ones off and GTA ones on?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

I toyed with the idea of messing about, easier to just buy the right exhaust. Especially with the labour etc you would pay to get a decent job done.

What do you have on at the moment?

·
Registered
708 Posts
156 GTA original system, but my back box is rusted and peeling... so would like to have new one.
Should have bought straight from Wizard years ago when the price was down and euro still strong :p

·
Registered
749 Posts
Best £400 you'll ever spend guaranteed.

Worth it just for that sound when you fire it up in the morning. It really is epic.
Agreed - one of the best upgrades. Tunnels are a thing of beauty with the windows down and take it down a gear.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Don't go messing around with a wizard like that, just order a new one. By the time you pay for welding you may as well buy a new unit.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Maybe he has not been here. Sent a PM yesterday, but no answer.
I would also be hesitant to selle it :D so no blame!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys, sorry I've been busy the last few days without proper internet access. The exhaust is still for sale. I'm talking to DNG about it as he was the first to message me, so I guess it's provisionally sold for now. Thanks!

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts