Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just met a guy having a good look at my car in the garage - underground heated and locked - he rents a space like me.
He has a friend that is interested in my car and has offered £8'830 for it ...!!!
Its a 1993 last model Series 4 with 53'000 miles on the clock, black in perfect condition.

hmmmm. I don't use my car that much and even though I love the odd drive in the evening what would you do ?

I'm not desperate to sell and am thinking that it may be a nice downpayment for a 67 Duetto, but that means more expenditure which I couldn't really justify right now.
I would replace it with another classic though.

Any ideas so that I don't go and sell a car I will regret like all the others I've had.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly that. Its very decent money for a S4 (about 10% more than market) but what do I get as a replacement. I know my car and I know its near on perfect and trouble free to use and will cause me no 'gremlin' problems like all new cars do when you buy them. He's offered and still thinking CHF 15000 which is EUR 10000. I would sell no probs for EUR 17000!
I'll be looking at a classic car sale in Morges mid May and will see if anything there takes my liking. They have a Giulia 1600 TI 1965 in white...???
The reason I was thinking of selling in the first place was a change of house, but I was able to hold onto it after all.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
1600 TI ? You sure?...they had one in the last sale in October 08, unless it didn't sell then and they reentered it.
There is a fabulous Montreal coming up in Monte carlo!! I owned one of these fabulous cars once.

Back when I was living in CH (staying in Bougy Villars, studying in Ecole lemania, Lausanne), they didn't have car auctions in Morges....but then I was driving my self-restored 1962 Giulia Bertone sprint, so didn't need an alfa!....fabulous little car, which I converted to veloce specs!
The main Alfa dealer in Lausanne had a mint TZ1 for 14ooo SFs, before the TZ went into the stratosphere! I told my aunt to buy it (PLEASE!), but she went and bought a new Dolomite Sprint instead (though that "thing" flew for its day!)...such a pity....well she was 70 at the time!

·
Administrator
60,113 Posts
That's a good price, I'd take it if your not driving it much anyways. Then you can be on the lookout for another classic.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'd take it too. No insult intended here but in my opinion the pantheon of Alfa Spider greats the s4 spider is mid table. A 1600 or 1750 Duetto sits at the top of the pile and an S2 2000 just below that.

A nice 105 bertone coupe or spider, is for me the zenith of 60's car design. Giulia TI? Great little car, drives well but for me lacks the visual appeal of the coupe or spider.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Exactly that. Its very decent money for a S4 (about 10% more than market) but what do I get as a replacement. I know my car and I know its near on perfect and trouble free to use and will cause me no 'gremlin' problems like all new cars do when you buy them. He's offered and still thinking CHF 15000 which is EUR 10000. I would sell no probs for EUR 17000!
I'll be looking at a classic car sale in Morges mid May and will see if anything there takes my liking. They have a Giulia 1600 TI 1965 in white...???
The reason I was thinking of selling in the first place was a change of house, but I was able to hold onto it after all.
...........TAKE THE CASH !!!!

Cheers to All
Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts