Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I'm now returning the car's stereo/speakers to standard so my upgraded kit is now for sale. I researched loads for the right products for the GTV, so if any of you GTV owners are looking to upgrade the head unit and speakers, what I have will slot straight in.

Spec:
Front speakers: Alpine SPR-13s component 2-way speakers
Rear speakers: Alpine SPR 17s coaxial 2-way speakers
Head unit: Alpine CDE 103BT

My upgrade was to improve sound quality and add iPhone/iPod funcionality: full bluetooth hands-free call handling plus the ability to play music off the iPhone/iPod via the cable incuded. The stereo works perfectly well without connecting Apple products and will handle hands-free with other bluetooth-enabled phones, but this head unit is guaranteed to work with iPhones/iPods.

I also modified a spare ashtray to hold an iPhone – the cable runs to the base of the ashtray so the phone is held and plugged in in the ashtray. See here for info/pics:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/199950-solution-for-locating-your-iphone-in-a-gtv-spider.html

Sound quality and volume has been greatly improved and the whole hands-free side of it has been awesome: call clarity at both ends has been very good and taking calls on the go is now both police-friendly and so much easier :thumbs:

All is in virtually new condition as it was only fitted in November. Brand new these items cost me £420 but as they are now nearly 3 months old feel free to PM me any serious offers, I might even throw in the modified ashtray ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. If no GTV owners want the whole package I can sell seperately no problem.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to clarify, the reason all the kit is coming out after just going in is because my head was turned by a filthy sort... The sort your mum warned you against... And I'm now on the train to go and pick it up!

·
Registered
95 Posts
If matracer wants to buy the speakers, I'd be interested in the Alpine. Does it come with the iPod lead and the microphone and lead? (might also be interested in the ashtray - I never thought I'd say that).

What are you buying?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matracer, thanks for your offer but £160 new to £50 doesn't sound like a fair offer to me for 3 month old speakers. If you want one for £50 then we can talk :lol:

JDog: pm sent. Yes, HU will come with what it came with to whoever buys it: original box, iPod/iPhone cable and wired mic, literature etc

I now have an E46 M3 cab on the drive and a very shiny 3.0 GTV, I'm a very lucky guy :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update: HU is now sold (thank you JDog :thumbs:) and so I now have the front a rear Alpine speakers left. They'll be on eBay in the week unless someone would like to upgrade their GTV's speakers...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They do. I bought the speaker adapters and didn't need them so have a set spare...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can you pm me a price for the front and rear speakers?

I won't try and drop you down, just give us a price and I can send you the cash via recorded delivery.

I'm still 50/50 about weather to sell mine, so if I put some new speakers I may keep her

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump bump!

Still got the speakers sitting in their boxes in my hallway if anyone is genuinely interested :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Markos, How much do you want for the plate around the stereo. The mrs has the same stereo as you but I couldn't find the adaptor plate to fill in the gap around it anywhere and it looks chuffing terrible!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, checking online it seems brand new the fronts are coming in at £150 plus postage, and the rears around £100 plus postage.

So, as mine are second hand I'm offering the fronts at £100 and the rears £60. Postage on top though unless anyone would like to collect from north London :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
And the adaptor round the face plate?

·
Registered
12,811 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Markos, How much do you want for the plate around the stereo. The mrs has the same stereo as you but I couldn't find the adaptor plate to fill in the gap around it anywhere and it looks chuffing terrible!
Joss, I've just had a look for it but I'm sure I gave that to JDog when he bought the stereo, sorry mate! I'd have given it to you for free if I still had it!

I'm sure it didn't cost much and I sprayed it myself to get it to match in. The gap around the stereo is a right PIA with out it...

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
mmm, sorry a little out my price range at the moment, i uprgraded mine with some Edge speakers a while ago, which are a lot better than the originals, but still not as good as i'd like, i suspect the speaker wiring could also be slightly to blame too as it's very thin weedy wiring, might consider upgrading the wiring too

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Some plates on here......got one for mine last year but can't remember which seller I bought from......http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk...dkw=&_osacat=3270&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Ah just found it but only in black:mad:. Want silver:D cheer bud

Joss, I've just had a look for it but I'm sure I gave that to JDog when he bought the stereo, sorry mate! I'd have given it to you for free if I still had it!

I'm sure it didn't cost much and I sprayed it myself to get it to match in. The gap around the stereo is a right PIA with out it...
Thanks markos. You just answered my question about where you got a silver one from. Cool. No worries. I'll Pm you in a couple of weeks time to see if you still have the speakers as they could do with being upgraded but due to a new stainless exhaust being purchased along with having the front bumper and sills repainted on my 156 I'm a bit brasic this month now. If they'r e still there I might have them off you but no worries if not.

Cheers Joss

1 - 20 of 32 Posts