Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
47,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a spare set of Intrax HDA coilovers, I had them on my 156 2.4 diesel for a time but have moved it back to stock GTA shocks & springs as it goes out on loan quite a bit now.

I would like £450 for the full set. They are height, bound and rebuild adjustable. They also have external reservoirs. Approx 4 years old, and have done 28k miles. One of the front ones is a little weaker than the other, I suspect it is in need of refurbishing. I contacted Donald from Intrax and they've quoted me 100 euro plus VAT to strip & rebuild the coilover body, if I was using them I'd probably get both the front ones done as they can make sure they are matched then.

If anyone's interested please let me know - this kit is usually over 1000 GBP and rarely comes up for sale 2nd hand. Intrax are highly regarded on the racing scene. I also have these exact same coilovers on my 156 GTA track car.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i am soo very tempted, if you don't sell them straight away( i am sure someone will come along quickly) keep me in mind.
after my rebuild i am sure you can imagine i will have to save a bit of cash before i could commit. i am soooo tempted, damn these things never seem to time in nicely lol
could you send me some pictures and more info on rebuild etc etc as i can at least look into it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Me too, I missed out on a set of second hand bilstein b14 priced similarly earlier this winter. And until now I have been able to convince myself that that was just as well so I can save up for a brand new set.

Must...resist...temptation...

·
Vendor
47,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Donald Molenaar of Intrax said:
I'll explain what an overhaul includes at our company (you can sent them directly to us):

· Taking apart the complete shock

· Checking each part

· Rebuilding the shock with new:

o Oil

o Seals

o O-rings

· Testing the shock on the test bench

The cost of a overhaul as described above is: € 100,00 excl. VAT ex works

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
+1 to that
at least i don't need to explain to my wife that we cannot go on holiday this summer anymore because i spent money on coilovers lol
phew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts